Colorful Colorado/Utah Canyonlands Tour
- When: October 6-11, 2013 (arrive the day before and depart the day after)
- Length: 6 full days
- Where: Denver, Colorado
- Cost: $1800
- What is included: All lodging from your arrival night through the last night of the tour. Transportation while on the tour (you must make and pay for your own flight to and from Denver, Colorado). Meals and incidentals are on your own.
- Fitness level: Moderate
TOUR STATUS: OPEN (Only 6 spots per tour)
Description: This tour is designed for the person who really wants to get off the beaten path. Many of the places we visit require hiking, some lengthy and strenuous. From the hike to Hanging Lake, CO to the famous Flaming Ceiling ruins, Utah, you will love this tour! We will provide a list of suggested equipment and will also provide in the field instruction.
Contact Roger or Caryn for any "suggested equipment" questions.
- Day 1: Hanging Lake (strenuous 3 mile hike!), wine tasting in Grand Junction (overnight in Grand Junction, CO)
- Day 2: Colorado National Monument, Dead Horse Point (including star trail photography in Arches NP at night!) (overnight in Moab, UT)
- Day 3: Mesa arch at dawn (1.5 mile hike), La Sal mountain loop for aspen trees (overnight in Moab)
- Day 4: Flaming Ceiling ruin (2 mile moderate hike), Goosenecks of the San Juan, Monument Valley at sunset (overnight in Kayenta, AZ)
- Day 5: Aspens in the San Juans, Bridal Veil falls, Diana Falls (moderate 2 mile hike!) (overnight in Grand Junction)
- Day 6: Maroon Bells, lunch in Aspen, Independence pass (return to Denver)
Reserve your place on this tour with a deposit!
Reserve your place on this tour by paying in full!