Magical Lands Tours
Magical Lands Tour Description
San Juan mountains fall colors, Valley of Dreams, Shiprock, House on Fire Ruins, White Pocket, Dead Horse Point. If you’ve ever dreamed of photographing these amazing out-of-the-way places, we have the answer for you! Join us on our Magical Lands tour, where you will be taken to these incredible places to photograph nature at her finest at the right time of the day, in the right place, and not have to worry about getting yourself there! We’ve been photographing these locales for nearly two decades and have the expertise to get you there!
We offer you the experience of a lifetime to visit places you’ve dreamed about and have plenty of time to add amazing images to your portfolio. You’ll be taken there in comfortable Ford F150 4x4 Super Cab trucks, with tons of space for your gear and room to spread out and enjoy the scenery! This photo tour is quite small with three guests per vehicle and a maximum of two vehicles used! We’ll help you with your camera settings, composition, equipment recommendations, and basic camera operations to get the best image you can. We’ll always have time to answer questions and there will be plenty of time to interact with your fellow photographers. Each night we’ll take you to our comfortable hotels where you’ll be able to get a good night’s rest and get ready for the next adventure!
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE GALLERY SIDEBAR FOR OUR MAGICAL LANDS IMAGES FROM THIS TOUR!
Equipment You Will Need
- Good, closed climbing shoes.
- A back pack (one designed for camera gear and tripod).
- Digital SLR with short-to-medium lenses and filters.
- Shutter release mechanism for night photography.
- A lightweight tripod (for ease of carrying).
- A sunhat. This is especially important for the summer tours. The desert sun is fierce and without a hat you could receive a bad sunburn.
What Is Included
- All lodging from your arrival night through the last night of the tour.
- Transportation while on the tour (you must make and pay for own flight to and from Grand Junction, Colorado).
- We will provide water to drink for your comfort.
- Meals and incidentals are on your own.
Dates: October 1-4, 2021 (arrive the day before and depart the day after)
Tour Status: SOLD OUT!!!!
Base City: Grand Junction, Colorado
Fitness Level: Low. Most areas are easily accessible, but you must be able to walk/hike 2 - 3 miles.
- Arrival Day: Arrive in Grand Junction, CO on September 30th.
- First Tour Day: Depart Grand Junction headed Farmington, NM through the scenic San Juan mountains for a day photographing the amazing fall colors!
- Second Tour Day: An early day allows us to photograph Shiprock at sunrise, and then head to Valley of Dreams to photograph the Alien Throne and many other incredible badlands sights, including petrified wood, hoodoos, fins and multicolored clay formations. Spend the night in Farmington.
- Third Tour Day: An early departure for Page, AZ and White Pocket to spend the day there through sunset! Spend the night in Page.
- Fourth Tour Day: Head back to Grand Junction with a late morning stop at House on Fire Ruin, and a late day photo op at Dead Horse Point before arriving to Grand Junction mid evening.
- Departure Day: Departure from Grand Junction, CO on Oct 5th.
Cost: $1450 per person