Slot Canyon Tours
General Overview of Our Tours
We offer tours in spring and fall. We will help you with the field techniques used to capture amazing slot canyon images.
The Colorado River Plateau is home to the most amazing slot canyons found anywhere in the world. The photographic opportunities in the depths of these incredible canyons are amazing with various colors of red, orange, yellow, purple, grey and tan in waves and stripes! If you’ve ever wanted to hike in these wonders of nature but didn’t know how, what time of day is best or which canyons were the most photogenic, your answer is here. From the scenic Little Wild Horse and Mystical slot canyons, to the dramatic High Spur and Happy Canyon, this tour is a slot canyon lovers paradise. Please check out our SLOT CANYON PHOTO GALLERY for images of these canyons.
For Your Safety
This tour may encounter mud and shallow water in various slot canyons. Weather can also change our itinerary as flash flooding can and often does create extremely dangerous conditions in slot canyons. We will never enter a slot canyon with thunderstorms in the area or over a canyon’s collection area. We will have several alternative slot canyons or activities available if weather prohibits our entering a particular slot.
Equipment You Will Need
- Good climbing shoes
- A back pack (one designed for camera gear and tripod)
- Digital SLR with short to medium lenses.
- A lightweight tripod (for ease of carrying).
- A sunhat. This is especially important for the summer tours. The desert sun is fierce and without a hat you could receive a bad sunburn.
What Is Included
- All lodging from your arrival night through the last night of the tour.
- Transportation while on the tour (you must make and pay for own flight to and from Grand Junction, Colorado).
- Meals and incidentals are on your own.
Spring Slot Canyon Tour
Dates: March 23-26, 2019 (arrive the day before and depart the day after)
Tour Status: 2 Spots OPEN!!!!
THIS IS A SEMIPRIVATE TOUR with only three guests.
Fitness Level: Moderate. A couple of the canyons will require some downclimbing. Otherwise, the rest are straightforward and fairly simple. You will get to places you’ve only read about. We will not enter into any slot canyons where rappelling is needed.
- Day 1: Arrive in Grand Junction, CO on March 22.
- Day 2: Travel from Grand Junction, CO to Escalante, Utah, stopping at Little Wild Horse slot canyon on the way (overnight in Escalante, Utah).
- Day 3: Peekaboo and Spooky slots Escalante, Utah (overnight in Escalante, Utah).
- Day 4: Mystical slot canyon Kanab, Utah (and a late afternoon surprise as well!). (Overnight in Kanab, Utah)
- Day 5: Upper Antelope or Secret slot canyon, then return to Grand Junction, CO, mid evening.
- Day 6: Depart from Grand Junction, CO on March 27.
Cost: $1400 per person
Fall Slot Canyon Tour
If you want beauty and challenges, this is the tour for you.
Dates: October 12-15, 2019 (arrive the day before and depart the day after)
Tour Status: 1 Spot Open!!!
THIS IS A SEMIPRIVATE TOUR with only 3 spots available. Act now if you want to join us on this tour!
Fitness Level: Moderate. This is our most remote and challenging of all the slot canyon tours. A couple of the canyons will require some downclimbing, stemming and chimneying. Otherwise, the rest are straightforward and fairly simple. However, strenuous hiking is needed to get you to the places you’ve only read about.
- Day 1: Arrive in Grand Junction, CO on Oct. 11.
- Day 2: Happy Canyon slot canyon (overnight in Green River, Utah). Incredible slot similar to Antelope. Large downclimb of 1000 ft into the Dirty Devil river and crossing it.
- Day 3: Spur slot canyon, Utah (overnight in Escalante, Utah). This is a fun adventure and a very long hike of 6 miles.Some obstacles in this canyon too. But well worth it! One of the prettiest canyons in the Robbers Roost!
- Day 4: Mystical slot canyon (overnight Escalante, Utah). Gorgeous slot canyon with a fun deep sand 4x4 approach!
- Day 5: Peekaboo and Spooky slot canyons then return to Grand Junction, CO, mid evening.
- Day 6: Depart from Grand Junction, CO on Oct. 16.
Cost: $1400 per person
If you have any questions, please contact us.